Sunday 22 January 2012

MUA Lipstick Review - Shade 1

A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing the make-up aisle in Superdrug and came across the MUA (Make-Up Academy) stand. I've bought a couple of items from this brand before, but never the lipsticks. So I picked up two, and then went back for another, and now I'm pretty tempted to go back and buy even more. They are superbly cheap at only £1! So here's a review of the first shade:

Shade 1





The lipstick itself looks quite a dark red, but on my lips and on the swatch above it definitely comes out as a true red, which is perfect. All of the photos were taken without flash, so as you can see, it has a slight glossy finish on the lips. I've never worn a red lipstick before, so this is a great one to start with. It was quite difficult to apply, but I assume a lot of reds would be. I'd definitely recommend using a lip brush! But other than that, the colour's great and it didn't stain my lips. Just gotta find the confidence to wear it out now!

Look out for more reviews of MUA lipsticks :)

Emma-Louise

4 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely colour!

    Www.atrickleofmeaning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful bright colour - this would def brighten up my blackest of outfits !

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifu!!!!!amazing blog!!i'm following you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your lipstick. Do you like follow each other? I´d be glad. Let me know. Melly ♥

    ReplyDelete