Monday 13 February 2012

What's in my Make-Up Bag?


The title basically speaks for itself. This isn't all my make-up, just what I reach for every morning. The bag is from TKMaxx. Hope you enjoy this post!


Garnier BB cream: I need to use this more. It's nice to have an alternative to wearing foundation. It's basically a tinted moisturiser and it gives pretty good coverage and evens out my skintone. My only problem is that it's designed for all skin types, and I have quite dry skin, so I do find this a bit drying. Hopefully I'll use it more when the weather's not so cold!

 
Garnier Eye Roll on: I've used this everyday since buying it about a month ago. I think it makes a difference. I have quite dark under eye circles, so I'm always looking for something to hide them.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour Foundation: I wear this everyday (except when I wear the BB cream). I love it and have purchased it repeatedly. I can't say if it lasts 25 hours seeing as I haven't worn it that long! But it does last all day and gives good medium coverage.


Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Mascara: I've only tried this a few times so far, so I can't give much of a review. I like the effect, it does make my eyelashes look thicker. The brush is quite big, which makes it a little difficult getting into the inner lashes.
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Mascara: This is another item I've purchased again and again. I'm a fan of lots of Maybelline mascara's, but this is definitely my favourite. I have quite long, curled eyelashes naturally, but this definitely enhances them and gives them volume without clumping.
(sorry for the rubbish photo)

Rimmel Concealer: Another frequently purchased item. Don't really have much to say about this, it does what any concealer does really!

Maybelline Concealer: I only use this when I need extra coverage on a spot and I use it over the rimmel concealer. Once again, it works fine!

Sleek Face Contour Kit: This is a fairly new purchase, not sure if I've quite got the knack of contouring just yet, but my boyfriend says he notices when I use it and he likes it.

Rimmel Match Perfection Face Powder: This is my second purchase. It's a great powder which I use on top of my foundation to set it in place and to ensure my face isn't shiny.


Carmex Lipbalm: I love the cherry smell of this. I wouldn't say it's overly moisturising, but it does have spf15 in which is always good!

Vaseline: I think pretty much every girl has this in their make-up bag.
Rimmel Eyeshadow Quad: A recent purchase, but I like the colours, great for a daytime look.

MAC Eyeshadow (Shroom): This is my first and only MAC eyeshadow. They're just so pricey but I love them. I treated myself to it last summer after I finished my exams and I'm glad I did. It's a great neutral colour and I wear it so much, at least 3 times a week, and there's still loads left. I definitely want to build up my collection, just need a good reason to treat myself!

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner: I haven't used this for a while, but I do prefer it over most liquid eyeliners. It comes with a brush, stays on for ages and has great consistency.

Collection 2000 Pencil Eyeliner: I don't use pencil eyeliner very much, but this is in my bag just in case. Not much to say, it's just an average pencil eyeliner.

Collection 2000 Extreme Eyeliner: This is definitely my favourite eyeliner. It's just like a felt-tip, which makes application really easy. And considering it's only £2.99, the consistency is great. I'd recommend everyone to buy it!

Emma-Louise x

5 comments:

  1. I use the collection 2000 Extreme eyeliner and I love it!!!! I really like your make up bag xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree about the collection 2000 eyeliner,its amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely blog!
    the garnier roll on is amazinggg!



    http://thelifeofciaruhh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the BB cream! I've read a few good reviews. Seems a bit strange that it's made for all skins tpyes though.
    Love the thick and fast! Have to agree with you that the brush makes getting inner lashes/lower ones a bit tricky. Haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the collection 2000 liner, it's just like drawing with a felt tip. (I'm actually rubbish at doing liner but this makes it as easy as pie) I've been meaning to try the Sleek Contour kit, I usually use MAC's Prism but for the winter months it's far too dark for me.

    Maisyetc.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete